About Jacana Energy
Who we are
Jacana Energy is 100 per cent Northern Territory owned and operated, established in July 2014 through a reform of the electricity industry.
Our clear focus is on customer outcomes and maximising value for our shareholder. We are the Territory’s largest electricity retailer, providing electricity retail services for residential, small and large business customers throughout urban, rural and remote areas.
Our vision is to be a modern and efficient electricity retailer providing products and services that Territorians want and value. Our strategic objectives state our aims for the year:
- customer experiences that Territorians trust and choose
- a passionate and talented team who are inspired to grow
- valued and trusted by our stakeholders
- efficiently deliver innovative products and services
Jacana Energy purchases wholesale electricity in bulk from generators, turning it into a range of retail products and services designed to meet our customers’ energy needs.
We provide electricity services to more than 85,000 customers throughout the Northern Territory. As an electricity retailer, we are the principal interface between the electricity industry and customers. We create value for our customers by:
- offering competitive retail products and tariffs
- providing helpful customer support
- delivering timely and accurate billing
- providing a variety of payment options across a range of convenient payment channels
- supporting larger customers with personalised local account management services
- promoting competition between electricity generators to drive down wholesale energy costs
Our core values
- We operate with integrity
- We drive innovation for our business
- We embrace diversity
- We deliver as a team
- We are passionate about our employees’ wellbeing
Jacana Energy (Power Retail Corporation) was established under the Power Retail Corporation Act 2014 and is licensed to trade in electricity under the Electricity Reform Act 2000.
As at 30 June 2019, our shareholding Minister is The Hon. Nicole Susan Manison MLA, the Deputy Chief Minister and Treasurer, and our portfolio Minister is The Hon. Dale Suzanne Wakefield MLA, Minister for Renewables, Energy and Essential Services and Minister for Territory Families.