Jacana Energy's Customer Charter provides you with a summary of our responsibilities as your electricity retailer and your responsibilities as our customer.
Your network provider, Power and Water Corporation, also has responsibilities for the connection of your property and the supply of electricity to you.
There are three good reasons to have a Customer Charter:
- To set service standards.
- To let you know what you can expect.
- To serve you better.
- Always aim to provide superior customer service, resolve your queries upon first contact and achieve our service standards for response to your queries, meter testing and disconnection of your electricity.
- Arrange for the electricity supply to be connected to existing properties within 24 hours in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Yulara. Other locations in the Northern Territory will be connected in accordance with schedules advised by the network provider.
- Respond immediately when you call us and if you write to us, we will respond within five working days of receiving your written enquiry.
- Arrange meter tests within five working days of your request.
- Provide five working days written notice before disconnecting your electricity if you fail to pay your invoice.
- Respond as promptly as possible to your feedback about our service standards and use your feedback to improve our business.
- Work closely with you to resolve any complaint you may have quickly.
- Publish our Customer Contract, pricing and any amendments to these on our website at jacanaenergy.com.au.
We ask you to:
- Ensure easy and safe access for the network provider to any electricity meter on your property. That means keeping it free of obstructions such as locked gates, overgrown vegetation and animals. If the network provider is unable to gain access, your usage may be estimated so we can bill you.
- You may also be required to remove the obstruction or have the meter relocated at your cost. If we are unable to complete your disconnection you may be liable for charges until we are able to gain access to complete your request.
- Pay your account within 21 days. You can pay by Direct Debit, BPAY, or credit card online at jacanaenergy.com.au/pay. You can also pay in person at any Australia Post office.
- Provide us with your new postal address if you are moving so we can update your details and finalise your account.
- Advise us of any changes to the responsibility for payment of your account and to your contact details such as your postal address, email or mobile number.
Feedback, complaints and compliments
To provide feedback on your customer experience, email email@example.com or call 1800 522 262.