Jacana Energy's Customer Charter provides you with important information about your rights, as well as your obligations as a customer.
There are three good reasons to have a Customer Charter:
- To set service standards.
- To let you know what you can expect.
- To serve you better.
For your convenience, a print friendly version of the information on this page is available for download.
- We will respond to written customer inquiries within five days.
- Meter tests will be arranged within five days of your request.
- Supply disconnection – We will provide five days written warning when disconnecting due to failure to pay accounts.
- Special health needs - We will provide five days advance notice of any planned interruptions.
Key Customer Service Standards
- We will re-connect electricity to existing supply properties within 24 hours in major urban centres (Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Yulara).
- We will give two days advance notice for planned interruptions via newspaper advertising or letterbox notice.
Give us feedback
If you think our service has not met our published standards then we need to know. Our Customer Service Officers will listen carefully and respond promptly to your feedback. When a Customer Service Officer can not provide an immediate answer to your inquiry they will call you back with more information as soon as possible. We value your feedback and will make every effort to address your concerns.
Access to your meter
Your network provider, Power and Water Corporation, needs safe access to your meter.
- You need to keep meter access free from obstruction such as locked gates, barriers, overgrown vegetation and dangerous animals.
- If the network provider is unable to gain access, we may require you to remove the obstruction or have the meter relocated.
Payment of accounts
Jacana Energy is a business entity and is accountable to the Northern Territory Government for good business practice. It is your responsibility to ensure that accounts are paid within 21 days. To help you manage your accounts we have a large range of payment options.
Please notify us of changes to your account
- Please let us know if you are moving. We need the details of your new postal address and can arrange to move your account within two business days.
- We also need to know if there is a change in responsibility for payment of the account.
- Finally, if the purpose for which your premises is used change significantly or there is a major change in the level of activity then you need to let us know as soon as possible.
All these changes can be easily made with a phone call to 1800 JACANA (1800 522 262).