Credit refund process

08 October 2014

Dear Jacana Energy customers,

There has been some discussion about our credit refund process and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any confusion and clarify how it works.

If you have a credit balance on your Jacana Energy electricity bill, you can still use this towards your Power and Water Corporation water and sewerage bill.  In fact you can do this four times per year.

To do this, you will need to complete a Credit Refund Application form.  This is because Jacana Energy and the Power and Water Corporation are now separate businesses and before we can transfer your money to another business we need to have your authority to do so.

Our previous Credit Refund Application form stated that a fee may apply if you use a credit refund more than once in 12 months.  This statement is not correct and it is being removed from the form.

We are currently working to ensure that you only need to complete a Credit Refund Application form once. This may take a little time as it involves changes to our systems. I would personally like to thank you for your patience while we make these changes. 

I also encourage you to continue to bring concerns, such as these, to our attention so that we can provide the best level of service possible. We can be contacted by email at or by phone on 1800 448 894.

Kind regards

Stuart Pearce
Chief Executive Officer