Getting the best deal for your business electricity20 August 2015
Many Territory businesses are confused about what makes up an electricity tariff and choosing the right deal is not always simple. That's where we can help.
Jacana Energy offers transparent pricing to customers to ensure businesses understand all costs (such as network charges) that are passed-through to them in addition to the retail part of the electricity bills.
These costs are charged to all customers regardless of the electricity retailer and make up a significant portion of total electricity costs. They include:
- Network Charges, which are pass-through costs from the network provider to cover costs associated with maintenance of the network. These costs are regulated and are the same regardless of retailer.
- System Control Charges are pass-through costs from the System Controller to cover the management of the electricity grid system, its frequency and reliability. These costs are regulated and are the same regardless of retailer.
- Demand Charges are pass-through costs from the network provider to cover the amount of energy the network needs to provide electricity to premises. These costs are regulated and are the same regardless of retailer.
- Environmental Charges are recovery charges that relate to various Federal Government green schemes.
If you are an NT business customer needing clarifications about your electricity offer, contact our Account Management Team,
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or phone Marie-Louise Pearson, Manager Commercial & Industrial on 08 8985 7224. We're here to help.
Jacana Energy's NT-based Business Accounts Management Team