Some commonly asked questions about the Stay Connected program.
Is my personal information confidential? I don’t want anyone to know I am having difficulty paying my bills.
Jacana Energy collects and manages personal information, including credit information, in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policies which available on our website at www.jacanaenergy.com.au/privacy.
What are my responsibilities while on a Stay Connected Payment Arrangement?
We encourage you to stay in regular contact with us so that you receive the full benefits of the program and to ensure that you’re staying on top of your instalments.
To remain on a Stay Connected payment arrangement. we encourage you to consider the following;
- budget, as realistically as possible, to meet the cost of your energy needs and any arrears you have;
- how you can meet the agreed payments as outlined in your Stay Connected payment arrangement;
- take practical steps to keep energy use to reasonable levels and within your financial means.
- stay in contact with us and let us know if there are any changes that may impact your ability to make any instalments
- contact Financial Counsellors or agencies as agreed, to assist you with your finances;
- if we attempt to get in touch with you, respond to any communication such as letters, emails or phone calls.
What happens if I miss a payment?
If a payment is missed, your Stay Connected payment plan may be broken. It is important to make contact with us as soon as possible.
However, if we don’t hear from you to discuss a new payment plan, your Jacana Energy account may be returned to your regular billing cycle, your electricity supply may be disrupted and your credit information may be provided to a credit reporting body.
Jacana Energy’s Credit Reporting Policy provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose credit information.
Will I still be contacted by Credit Management team whilst assistance is in place?
No, there will be no debt collection activity initiated by Jacana Energy during any approved assistance period, as long as you comply with the terms of your Stay Connected payment arrangement.
What if my circumstances haven’t changed by the end of the payment arrangement?
If this is the case, please call us on 1800 JACANA (1800 522 262) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Stay Connected team will re-assess your situation and we may also recommend you seek financial advice through a free service.